We all suffer from it, and I mean SUFFER! Its looms over us and then we spend hours staring at a blank canvas (or in my case blob of clay) and get absolutely nowhere. When you just can’t think of what to write, paint or sculpt. For me it can be incredibly frustrating to feel so unproductive so here is a little advice on how to get past “the artistic blank”
· Go for a walk. Settle your thoughts and walk it out of your system. If it’s raining take an umbrella – or better yet get rained on and let the rain wash you frustration away.
· Have a cup of tea , or eat something. And I don’t mean sit there and snack on chips, go sit at a table or outside and take your time and appreciate and enjoy what you’re eating.
· Do something else. Go clean the kitchen, play a video game, visit a friend, take a nap, distract yourself but always come back to the task at hand.
· Express your thoughts. Sometimes getting it out of you head and onto paper is just what you need.
· Accept the reality. Sometimes it’s just not your day. Make peace with it, sleep on it and come back to it tomorrow (but don’t not come back to it!).
· Help someone. Helping other people can help you unravel your own problems (besides it’s a good thing!).
· Revive the motivation. Contemplate why you are doing what you’re doing. Surround yourself with things that you love enjoy and that motivate you. In my case I cover my desk in beautiful fantasy pictures and random toys
For Sale starting at $9.99 with free postage! : www.ebay.com/itm/141448857376?…
In the beginning when all the world was cold and dark a great light pierced the horizon,
All the creatures of the world closed their eyes cherishing the light of the first morning,
All accept one.
A young bear stared in awe at the beauty of the day and in doing so blinded herself whilst absorbing all the colors of the sunrise,
And so became the Spirit of the Dawn.
I have made this soft sculpture purely by hand from start to finish and has come purely from my own imagination.
An internal wire armature allows the bear to be posed into various positions enabling it to sit and stand.
I do not use patterns, casts, molds or references to create my work.
The difference between stumbling blocks and stepping stones is how you use them.
Commissions are currently closed due to over demand.
I need to concentrate on working through my current commissions and will hopefully reopen commissions mid December 2014.
"One of a kind" pieces of my work will still be available via Ebay auctions.
Thank-you for your interest.